Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Our Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner can support your women’s, sexual, and reproductive health needs in a trauma informed and non-judgmental environment.
She has a Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner), as well as additional postgraduate education in Sexual and Reproductive Health and Child and Family Health. She has over 25 years’ experience in the women’s health field and is also a qualified Continence Advisor.
All consultations are bulk billed with a Medicare card. If you don’t have a Medicare card, please contact us for more information.
Our nurse practitioner can see women and girls 14 years of age and over.
Services our Nurse Practitioner provides includes:
- Cervical screening test, including the option for self-collection (previously known as the pap smear test)
- Contraception advice, management, and prescription
- Including Implanon insertion and removal as well as intrauterine device (IUD) removal
- Implanon insertion has a fee, contact us for more information
- Pregnancy testing and pregnancy options counselling
- Vaginal/vulval symptoms assessment, advice, and referral
- Endometriosis, pelvic pain, and period issues
- Menopause and perimenopause advice, and information on treatment options
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing, management, and safe sex advice
- Breast examination
- Pre-pregnancy planning
- Postnatal check-ups, parenting support, and advice
- Continence and pelvic floor assessment and management including developing a personalised continence program in collaboration with your GP
We currently do not have a general practitioner/doctor working at the Centre.
Termination of pregnancy (Abortion)
At the Illawarra Women’s Health Centre we believe that all women have a right to affordable and safe pregnancy termination.
We provide information and advice on pregnancy options. We also have staff who offer non-directive pregnancy counselling.
Where else can I get help or advice?
- Pregnancy Choices Helpline on 1800 008 463
- Family Planning NSW on 1300 658 886